Are Mental Health and Emotional Health the Same?Apr 14, 2021
What if I told you that having both good mental and emotional health is crucial to creating success and wellbeing?
Not understanding how both mental and emotional health can impact your life both negatively and positively can create more misery and unhappiness, and very possibly get in the way of you achieving personal and professional success!
In this blog post, I’m going to demonstrate how both your mental and emotional health are vital to your success and happiness in life and work.
If you want you want to create both great mental and emotional health into your life, then this blog post is for you!
I’m going to share with you the key differences between the two, how to know if you’re struggling with either, and ways to help you identify issues that you or someone you know may be having that is getting in the way of your happiness and wellbeing!
Stay till the end and Get my FREE 5-days to better mental health and wellbeing and my best tips on how to achieve your ideal life!
Has your mental or emotional health been affecting by the last 12 months of insanity and uncertainty?
What are the key differences between Mental Health vs. Emotional Health?
- Mental health deals with behaviors that relate to the mind or brain. Related problems that develop are typically the result of a chemical imbalance in the brain.
- There are a few ways that a chemical imbalance can happen in the brain. One way is a natural imbalance of chemicals. This typically happens when mental health conditions run within the family. Another way that a chemical imbalance can occur is via the abuse of mind-altering drugs.
- Emotional health deals with matters of the heart. The issues that develop tend to occur more often when people have to deal with traumatic or negative life events.
- Is There a Connection Between Emotional and Mental Health?
While it’s true that emotional health vs mental health are two different things, they’re still intertwined. Without mental health treatment, people’s emotions can run wild. Focusing purely on emotional health causes mental disorientation that makes it hard to function normally. Both emotional and mental health treatments have roles in helping people during rehab.
How do you know if you’re struggling with either?
Your mental health is a crucial part of your wellbeing and affects various areas of your day-to-day life. Mental health influences your psychological, emotional, and social needs and how they affect your thoughts and actions. An imbalance of any these elements can cause all types of problems, such as:
- Mood swings
- Lack of energy or motivation
- Excessive sleeping
- Under-eating or overeating
What kinds of things can affect your mental and emotional health?
Depression, anxiety, stress, poor body image, grief, loss, a major change in your life such as becoming a new parent can all affect your mental and emotional health and day to day living. Sometimes it is hard to know if what you are experiencing is depression or sadness, worry or anxiety
How to Tell If Someone Is Struggling Mentally or Emotionally?
- People often have different symptoms when they struggle with emotional or mental health issues. While it’s possible for people to suffer from both at the same time, one is typically the underlying issue. However, how can they tell the difference?
- Regarding behavior, people who suffer mentally typically stay quiet and calm in a corner. This makes it harder to understand their problems. People with emotional issues typically make loud moans and heavy sighs.
- Those who struggle with mental health often appear abnormal or unhealthy to those around them. Thankfully, this type of problem is much easier to notice than in cases where they’re quiet. For emotional problems, people typically have radical changes in mood. In a few seconds, they can go from having depressive to manic behaviors.
6 Ways to tell if you have good mental health
- you are confident when faced with new situations or people.
- you feel optimistic.
- you don't always blame yourself.
- you set goals.
- you feel good about yourself.
- you have good self esteem.
- 7 Signs of emotional wellness
- You are comfortable with who you are. ...
- You are adaptable and resilient. ...
- You have positive relationships with the people in your life. ...
- You have a sense of purpose. ...
- You take care of your physical health...
- You are comfortable saying 'no...
- You make time to relax.
Anxious, Overwhelmed & About To Crack?
Watch our Free Mental Health Workshop and transform your mental misery to wellness! You'll learn how to deal with stress, anxiety, and depression effectively, 10X your success, and bounce back more quickly with inner strength, resilience, and calm.
JOIN THE FREE 5-DAY CHALLENGE
Kickstart 2021 by Joining The Most Talked-About Mental Health & Wellness Challenge
Take Control of Your Life & Defeat the Pandemic Blues in Just Five Days!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.